In recent MOnths, the hype around the OpenAI-developed bot "ChatGPT" has been hard to miss, especially for those with an interest in technology topics. The abbreviation "GPT" stands for "Generative Pre-Trained Transformer". Behind this term hides a bot that has been trained using various "reinforcement learning" methods and is actually capable of communicating in a chat-like interaction.
The potential applications of this artificial intelligence seem almost limitless. They vary from assisting with math homework to generating marketing copy to creating IT code. If an artificial intelligence can produce such remarkably high-quality content, it stands to reason that applicants should also be able to use it for their own purposes.
OPTIMIZING YOUR CV / RESUME
Chat GPT can help you optimize your resume:
- Writing Style: Chat GPT will give you suggestions on how to write your resume to ensure that it is concise, professional and understandable. Action verbs, avoidance of stereotypes, and correct grammar as well as punctuation are key aspects here.
- Visually appealing formatting: Artificial intelligence will suggest a format to make your resume visually appealing and easy to read. This includes font styles, sizes, spacing, and bullet points.
- Content suggestions: Chat GPT can give you suggestions for the content of your resume. You should emphasize relevant experience and skills that match the job description and industry.
- Keyword Optimization: Chat GPT identifies appropriate keywords according to the job description. By including relevant "buzzwords," your resume, including your LinkedIn profile, will be more easily found by recruiters and applicant management systems (ATS).
Chat GPT will assist you in creating a customized cover letter - also known as motivation letter. Your instructions to Chat GPT should be as detailed as possible to properly address the job description, company and industry.
Artificial intelligence can also suggest relevant skills and experience so you can highlight them effectively. This way, you can customize each cover letter and avoid using a generic, meaningless template.
INSIGHTS INTO THE INDUSTRY
Chat GPT allows applicants to learn about the potential employer's activities and the industry. The tool provides valuable insights into career opportunities, average salaries and current trends in the field. As a result, you're not only optimally prepared, but you can also make informed decisions.
For example, if someone is applying for a marketing position in a technology company, Chat GPT allows them to research the company's competitors, the latest marketing trends in the technology industry, and the company's values and culture. This information can then be cleverly used in the resume, cover letter and interview to best present oneself.
PREPARE FOR INTERVIEWS
Chat GPT can be used to identify very typical questions that are usually asked in job interviews. This allows you to think about what you want to say in advance and practice your answers to appear more competent and confident in interviews.
Training for answers to common questions Suggestions for questions to ask the potential employer (shows your preparation) Practice in small talk 😉 Simulation of a real job interview.
- Training to answers common questions
- Ideas for questions to ask the potential employer (shows your preparation as well as your intrest)
- Small talk: it's all about practice 😉
- Re-enactment of a real job interview
- Consider privacy: It is essential to make sure that your personal information remains safe and secure. Before using it, you should make sure that the tool is operated by a trusted company and that its privacy policies are transparent.
- Potential Errors: AI tools are occasionally prone to giving incorrect answers. It is advisable to check the provided answers to make sure they are correct and won't embarrass you in front of your future employer.
- Lack of human interaction: while chat GPT can undoubtedly simplify the application process, it cannot replace human interaction or empathy. Always keep this in mind as soft factors such as values and beliefs can go a long way in determining whether you are suitable for the job or not.
- Don't trust blindly: It is of great importance not to solely rely on or blindly trust Chat GPT. Doing your own research and networking are essential to ultimately finding the best possible professional opportunity.
- Fit to job profile: neither artificial intelligence nor tools will be helpful if the job does not match your skills and preferences. It's important to clarify your own career aspirations, get informed, and then plan your next steps based on that.